Exercise - a bomb - the gift

Today, I started with a workout class and stretch. I obviously didn't have a clue about what I was getting myself into; aerobics doesn't work for me right now. I am working on strength and coordination, still.

I know that it is time to work harder; struggle, humiliation, an ego buster. Many people are aware of my determination and discipline. I feel like I am going somewhere I've never been before. I feel scared, confused, unsure, uncertain... fear.

I was very good at most athletic sports, including aerobics (even though I didn't enjoy the aerobics). I taught a few classes before finding my love with weight training; which led me to become a personal trainer in 1995. However, as my journey is evolving I am certain that there are many reasons to do many things and recognize that everything is consequential.

As a lover of weight training I quickly discovered through yoga that weight training has the potential of being harmful. Anytime you do too much of one thing, like running, the potential for injury increases ten fold. As muscles tighten over time the danger becomes worse when left untreated; hence the demand for massage, specifically trigger point therapy.

I am now realizing my need to be humbled. To go back to the class I left this morning, 30 minutes too early, and to face my weaknesses on my right side and my mind wholly, it would prove to be a gift... eventually. Oh, patience:)

Comments