Yin - beyond relaxing

Over halfway to completion - 30 day yoga challenge. It feels very doable to do 60 or 90 classes is 60 or 90. It would help me focus. I know my mind needs it.

It has been fairly easy to do; the variety makes it possible. I did manage to stumble, though, in yin yoga. I love yin yoga; it is where you hold the posture for 3-5 minutes. Sounds easy but Monday I hit a block, or an emotional release.

First posture: we were on our hands and knees and we were to extend our right arm forward on the floor while we straightened are right leg on the toe. This was fine until I was asked to put the right arm underneath my body to the left, palm up. You see, all this right stuff to focus on was painful mentally that I had started to cry. Olivia, an amazing teacher, helped me with modifying the posture; I had to keep my right leg bent in order to make it happen.

My ego was bruised, which may seem strange to some but I was on top of a cloud and to modify this easy posture was cruelly painful.

The tears of the ongoing struggle and not being able to do something relatively easy, was a reminder of where I am at, as well as where I am not. I cried shamelessly all through the class. It had carried on from there and carried on all day; it did`t matter where I was. I was honest and truthful when asked how I was doing; that felt more real than I had been experiencing, probably my entire life!

I now know that I am on the way to allowing this experience without judgment. I am on my way to forgiving all that I am still experiencing. The sadness is emotional, and it is far from over, but I accept all that is; the tears, frustration, anger, and denial.

Then last night, I showed Frankie the posture, and it was easy! My take - it is all easy. It is just how you judge it in the moment.

Comments